Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wednesday ~ Parties

Join the Party! There are exciting parties going on and you're invited. All of these blogs are hosted by special and creative women, so this is my Wednesday Gratitude. I am grateful that they have opened their blog home and heart in order to give us a fun and safe place to share our thoughts and projects. I'm impressed with their passion and I sincerely appreciate their hospitality. So go on over, they are waiting for you!!


My penny pinching secret is that I don't throw away fabric scraps. I have 2 laundry baskets full of fabric scraps. I have a friend once told me not to throw away scraps because I had paid for those too. She was right and I have to admit that I love all those little pieces of fabric. They are just waiting to become a master piece. Here is my Margarita Kitchen Towel. I started with a basic green-apple kitchen towel. I added fabric scraps and embellished with a piece of rick-rack. It is so fun working up different designs. The possibilities are endless.

I made this kitchen towel last night for a friend's mother. I hope she likes it!!


For my Outdoor Wednesday and White Wednesday I am sharing antique white buildings from Gruene Texas. I live a few minutes from Gruene and this weekend is Gruene Market Days. I can't wait to attend. I love shopping the rows of white vendor tents. Pictures also include romantic Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast, Gruene Hall which has hosted many music legends, and the charming Gruene General Store.


Happy Wednesday Friends!
Yoli :)

8 comments:

  1. Your aprons are so cheerful! And that building with the tower in your town - so glad such remarkable buildings are being preserved - lovely!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out and for linking up to Hoo's got talent. I love when I have everything on hand to make a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yoli,
    Thanks for the sweet comment - I'm always so happy to host Wednesday Gratitude, especially since it has led me to wonderful women like yourself!
    That's a very cute towel, too nice to use!!
    Old Market days looks like a lot of fun,there are so many things to see and do where you live. I'm glad you have the opportunity to take advantage of them.
    Have a wonderful week!
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoli, You are a very talented woman! That kitchen towel is lovely - I like the way you designed it - and, I agree, it is way too pretty to use! lol! That market looks like a fun place to explore!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty aprons, your are talented. Loved the photos. The outdoor market looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a HUGE bin of scraps too and I love being able to use them!

    Thanks for the shout out and for sharing at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so with you, but then I feel like a pack rat!! I have all these scraps and think what am I going to do with that! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete