Monday, May 17, 2010

Tuesday ~ Cooking


Oh how I love Ruby Tuesday. This week I'm in search of cooking inspiration. I found red cookware at Napa Style.



I have to admit that I'm not a great cook. I can cook "teenage" foods for my kids but I'm far from being a skilled home chef. My mother can whip up anything delicious from just a few ingredients. She takes common foods and makes them memorable and oustanding. I on the other hand, sew not cook. I love cooking shows on TV and have tried basic tips to improve my cooking. One of my dreams is to take a cooking vacation to Tuscany. I know I sound like something out of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. It would be wonderful to go on a culinary tour, take hands-on cooking classes, visit food market, and experience the Italian cultural adventures. To go along with my cooking theme, I'm glad that this past weekend I was at Gruene Market Days because I found gorgeous herbs from a local vendor.
.


If I can learn how to start incorporating herbs into my cooking, I know it will enhance the flavor tremendously. My kids and I will experience delicious foods at restaurants but now I need to start bringing those flavors home.
.
Herbs 101

.
Simple Herb Dip
Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1 green chive, finely cut
6 fresh basil leaves, finely cut
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely cut
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of cracked black pepper
.
Preparation: Finely chop herbs. Stir together with yogurt, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve chilled.

.
Yummy! Hope you have a good week! ~ Yoli :)

6 comments:

  1. What a tasty post for the theme and beautiful shots. Lovely herbs !! and your dip sounds great for appetizers.

    My Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big howdy-do from this Texan to you...

    I would love the red cookware. I really need some new ones myself.

    FLAGSHIP - Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to find the local herb vendor at the market. I imagine the fragrance of the different herbs was heavenly. Thanks for sharing the dip recipe and I hope you have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola mi amor!!! i love your blog banner...and your passion for aprons.
    how beautiful the ruby tuesday would bring us together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yoli,
    Going to the farmer's market is always such fun. I come home with bags of stuff, I'm not always sure what some of it is! It's great that you're stretching your cooking skills, you will be glad you tried some new things.
    I've been reading back through your last few posts, as always your spirit shines through! I hope you have a lovely week.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home
    (PS - the apron I won has not arrived, hope it wasn't lost in the mail...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And I love your aprons too. So glad I stumbled upon this blog.

    ReplyDelete