Monday, May 31, 2010

Tuesday ~ Sew Inspired

It is back to routine on Tuesday. I hope you had a good Memorial Day holiday. I went to an antique mall on Saturday and Sunday. I spent hours just looking around. I found bought vintage aprons, dishes, silverware, rolling pin, old photographs, and a gorgeous full slip. It was absolutely the perfect way to enjoy an afternoon. Everything I saw was a sewing inspiration. I also found spools of red ribbon that was so pretty I had to buy. Ruby Tuesday immediately came to mind. I don't know how I will use it but I couldn't pass up the bargain. Every masterpiece starts with an inspiration. Go out and find something simple and small, and build on it.


Join in at these blogs for a time of fun and idea sharing. Click here for a link list of fabulous blog party & events going on this Tuesday.



I bought a cute little doily that needed some mending. I just needed to sew it in a few areas and it was ready to go. I can't believe the detail work that made this such a beautiful piece of art. I admire someones talent to do such delicate work. To some people old stuff is trash but to me old stuff are treasures!


I put the doily in a special little corner of my house. I have an area this is cozy and quiet by the day bed. I enjoy taking thrifty finds and adding them to an area, and watch them come to life.






Have a great day!
Yoli :)

6 comments:

  1. I would love to know which antique mall you went to. I know there is one in Weslaco. You know, there is one in McAllen. In fact, I'll be opening a booth there this week! Yikes!!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful weekend, Yoli...I love old treasures, too!Can't wait to see pictures of all your goodies...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you now on GFC as Thrifty Canucks from TTA. Please check out my blog and follow if you can

    http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like that red ribbon it looks like a lace. Nice things you've got here. Happy Tuesday!

    Ruby Red Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely find!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete