Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monday ~ Dancing & Decorating


For Blue Monday I am showing my support for Niecy Nash to stay on Dancing with the Stars. I love her humor and her effort. She isn't the best dancer in the competition but she is so much fun to watch.
.
Today I'm also sharing pictures of my living room table and how simple it was to decorate. I took basic glasses, square and see-through, then I filled with rocks and coffee beans. I love the way it looks and the aroma of the coffee is fantasic. It really doesn't have to take much time and money to make something simple become something spectacular. Marketing is about presentation and making things seem appealing. My twist is to make things appealing and affordable. The glasses were $3 at the grocery store. The coffee beans were $4 and the rocks were a free courtesy from my daughter. I get very motivated when I find inexpensive ways to beautify my house. Putting everything together really makes my world feel a lot cuter. The gorgeous flowers were from my kids for Mother's Day. They bought the daisy carry-out bouquet at the grocery store. All I had to do was put them in a glass of water and them put the glass in a stone vase that I usually use for my candles. It was that simple and so gorgeous.

.
For other great ideas be sure to join in at these fabulous blogs. There is always fun stuff to see and great things to learn!


Hope you have a nice Monday and wonderful week!
Yoli :)

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought about decorating with coffee beans - what a great idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool one entry...happy blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DWTS too! Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how pretty! I'm always looking for inexpensive decorating ideas, thanks for sharing! I found you on TGC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures. I'm a new follower because your blog is so interesting. Happy Blue Monday. I hope she wins too!

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete