Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday ~ Lasting Love


Ahh, the romance of new and old love. It is a wonderful gift from God to be able to love sweetly, passionately, and with such devotion. This Spiritual Sunday my heart is filled with gratitude, happiness and hope. Yesterday had planned a day of shopping for more flowers for our garden but God had a different plan. He wanted to plant seeds of sisterly love, so instead we went to the move Letters to Juliet. It was a girls day out; my Aunt Connie, my daughter Gina, and myself. We were 3 generations of single women enchanted with love. It was the perfect Saturday afternoon watching the perfect love story.

Letters To Juliet is an enchanting love story of finding new love and reconnecting with a love from the past. The story is about a friendship between two women who are looking for their handsome true love "Romeo". I won't give the movie away because it is worth going to watch. The characters of the movie are delightful and the Italian scenery is magnificent. The journey will change their lives forever, as they discover it's never too late to find true love.








.
Mother Teresa said that people hunger for love more than they hunger for bread. Today lets reach out to someone with a smile, a phone call, or a gesture of patience. Lets not rush through the day based on our agenda, but instead dance through the music of God in our heart.
.
"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalms 59:1616
.
Love,
Yoli :)

11 comments:

  1. Having a girls day out is so much fun!
    Good for you. The movie sounds delightful.
    I like how you ended your post about Mother Teresa's quote and the scripture with Psalms. Very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you wrote here and this last sentence...."Lets not rush through the day based on our agenda, but instead dance through the music of God in our heart. " glad you had that girls' day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie sounds and looks great and I hope I'll get to see it too.

    And I have a lovely example of the love in action that you're talking about. I think you know my mum has terminal cancer, but 8 friends from her church choir came and gave her a personal concert of worship music at home after church today! She says she will never forget the joy of having them singing in her sitting room. I just loved talking to her about it on the phone tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shared about the most important thing, love. That says it all doesn't it. Glad I stopped by. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you must have had! This was a perfect post my friend! Blessings to you and yours! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with family. We all need to be loved don't we.....God bless you this day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a movie I don't want to miss! Tomorrow I will see all of my daughters and perhaps we can make a date to enjoy it together!
    The scenery in your pics is so incredible!
    Mother Teresa was very wise. I'm certain that there is a stronger longing for love than for bread.
    See what great love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are!! John 3:1"
    Thanks for your post!
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your comments and the verse! Glad you had a fun girls day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the previews to this move a long time ago and for got about it until now. Thank-you so much for this reminder. What a blessing to spend time with loved ones.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these lovely thoughts with us. I've seen this movie advertised and thought it would be a good one to see. You have confirmed it for me. We don't go to very many movies but I think we may see this one, maybe not until it comes out on TV.
    Mother Teresa was such a wise woman. I agree. Bread is important, but love is more important.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. I couldn't believe it did NOT have one single cuss word in it. How refreshing!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete