Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thursday ~ Italian Market


Join in the fun! Click on over to see these fabulous blogs. Enjoy time with friends & fun!

Thankful Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Strut Your Stuff
Tablescape Thursday

I'm deeply thankful to God for the transformation in my life. He took a stubborn girl and made her into a work-in-progress woman. My life has been eventful to say the least, but I'm glad that God has the love to be patient with me. It might seem like small little steps to some and it feels like giant steps to others. Today I strut my stuff of courage and happiness in glory to God.


If you're ever in Austin, Tx you have to go eat at Mandola's Italian Market. We had supper there on Saturday with my niece. Mandola's is like stepping into an Italian old-world ambiance. They are a restaurant and grocery market. You order at the counter, go through the line, find a table, and your food is served. The food is hearty, fresh, and tasty. When you're done with your meal you can walk up to the dessert area where they have a huge selection of pastries, gelato, cannoli, and cookies. Their semi-market is filled with imported cheeses, wine, pasta, olive oil, and sausage. You can take home your own authentic piece of old-world Italy.
My son Vinny & my niece.
.
My daughter Gigi in pink & my niece.
.



I love the old-world essence of life; basic, authentic, natural. I'm captivated by the beauty of bold colors, rustic furnishings, and aroma of the corner cafes. Dinning tables are beautifully at all times waiting for visitors to drop by for a meal celebration. The pantry will filled with local vineyard wines and the fragrance of aging cheese fills the house. In my imagination I'm transformed to simple times filled with a romance for foods and friends.
.
Have a gorgeous day!
Yoli :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Yoli. I am linking with Thankful Thursdays for the first time today at http://ronsroad2recovery.blogspot.com
    I love your statement "He took a stubborn girl and made her into a work-in-progress woman."
    It glorifies God yet at the same time indicates your willingness to grow in your walk with Him. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my tummy is growling after all those wonderful pictures. I will remember to go there next time we're up in Austin.
    Great pictures of the kids.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete