Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday ~ Cactus Garden

My Ruby Tuesday is the beautiful flower surrounded by thorns. Life is like that some days, some people are flowers and others are thorny. I am a lot of both. As I've aged, I'm trying to create nicer days and sweeter times. It is no longer important to be "right" and fight the thorny fight. I am finding a balance between being a beautiful hearted woman and strong confident woman. I guess we need a mix of both. Today I embrace my inner beauty and celebrate my outer strength. Thank you Lord Jesus for showing me the way.



My Nifty Trifty has to be cactus gardens because they are inexpensive. I do not have a green-thumb at all, but I can sure sustain a cactus plant, so for that I "Toot my own Horn". I love the southwest colors of red and green and love they cost less than having to replace flowers. I have to be Talented, especially on my budget, so take any Trash to Treasures and make yourself a cactus garden. You can use an old pail, a broken clay pot, or old deep cake pan. My Sew Cute is my life. I am going to finish some aprons tonight. I truly enjoy sewing because it relaxes me and allows me to be creative. God is so wonderful in giving us oasis in our life.


Add Image
God bless you my friends!
Yoli :)

6 comments:

  1. I love a cactus garden - I haven't had one in years! Thanks for jogging a pleasant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love it! What a no fuss container, I'm definitely going to try my hand at it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you said about finding the balance between being beautiful hearted yet being strong and confident hit home for me today. Thank you for sharing this. I love your aprons and that cactus garden is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this brought back wonderful memories to me. My grandmother used to have cactus gardens! Love it. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with all of us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...hope you are having a FUN time here:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed great shot and very informative blog.

    ReplyDelete