Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday ~ Market Bag Fashion Makeover

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
.
These blogs are absolutely delightful. The ideas are fabulous, the friendships are special, and the fun is endless. I am always amazed to see new projects and transformations. I like that we have a place to share a part of ourselves and meet other women with similar values.

.

Join in the blog parties going on today. Click on the links for fun and excitement!
The Shabby Nest
Sew & Tell Fridays
Finished Lit and Laundry
New Friend Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicous Friday
Follow Me Fridays
Feature Yourself Friday
Show & Tell Friday
.
Today I'm posting my market bag revamp I did. I took a basic reusable grocery bag. It was so plain looking and was calling out for a fashion make-over. If you saw the bag strutting the grocery store or walking the farmer's market it wouldn't catch your eye. After I'm done decorating the bag, I hope it will stand out and make a bold fashion statement. The fruits and vegetables will be gleaming with pride as they ride along in a pretty package.

.
I took some of my fiesta fabric and sewed it on the bag. I usually iron on my embellishments but the bag is not heat resistant; so do try this at home. (Secret: I tried it and melted the bag.) Matching the jumbo rick-rack was so much fun because I have so many different colors of it and most of them matched.



.
Off to market we go. Now we can get some gorgeous looking fruits and fragrant flowers, and strut our confidence.

.
Have a happy Friday!
Yoli :)

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will definitely try this with mine to cover up those ugly logos that are on all of my bags!

    Stopping by from New Friend Friday. Pleasure to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embellished bag. I imagine you get lots of cheery compliments shopping with such an adorable tote. You are inspiring me to try something similar. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I have a stack of these ugly bags. Might be a good project for my creative daughters too. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! Even I can do this. I love that it can cover up the store logos. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea--a great use for scraps, too. I have 6 of these bags. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - I have been using my LL Bean canvas bags because those grocery store re-usable bags are so flimsy and only last a few trips to the store. I've thought about cutting one apart to use as a pattern for a heavier denim bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Love the colorful little pig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, those veggies will be riding in style! Beautiful colors definitely perked up that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea!! If my bags looked better, I might actually remember to use them!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! That will definitely make shopping a lot more fun. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing how a little embellishment can go a long way and make such a psychological difference for us? I love the bold colors. Fun re-do!

    ReplyDelete