Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday ~ Market Bag Fashion Makeover

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
.
These blogs are absolutely delightful. The ideas are fabulous, the friendships are special, and the fun is endless. I am always amazed to see new projects and transformations. I like that we have a place to share a part of ourselves and meet other women with similar values.

.

Join in the blog parties going on today. Click on the links for fun and excitement!
The Shabby Nest
Sew & Tell Fridays
Finished Lit and Laundry
New Friend Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicous Friday
Follow Me Fridays
Feature Yourself Friday
Show & Tell Friday
.
Today I'm posting my market bag revamp I did. I took a basic reusable grocery bag. It was so plain looking and was calling out for a fashion make-over. If you saw the bag strutting the grocery store or walking the farmer's market it wouldn't catch your eye. After I'm done decorating the bag, I hope it will stand out and make a bold fashion statement. The fruits and vegetables will be gleaming with pride as they ride along in a pretty package.

.
I took some of my fiesta fabric and sewed it on the bag. I usually iron on my embellishments but the bag is not heat resistant; so do try this at home. (Secret: I tried it and melted the bag.) Matching the jumbo rick-rack was so much fun because I have so many different colors of it and most of them matched.



.
Off to market we go. Now we can get some gorgeous looking fruits and fragrant flowers, and strut our confidence.

.
Have a happy Friday!
Yoli :)

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will definitely try this with mine to cover up those ugly logos that are on all of my bags!

    Stopping by from New Friend Friday. Pleasure to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embellished bag. I imagine you get lots of cheery compliments shopping with such an adorable tote. You are inspiring me to try something similar. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I have a stack of these ugly bags. Might be a good project for my creative daughters too. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! Even I can do this. I love that it can cover up the store logos. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea--a great use for scraps, too. I have 6 of these bags. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - I have been using my LL Bean canvas bags because those grocery store re-usable bags are so flimsy and only last a few trips to the store. I've thought about cutting one apart to use as a pattern for a heavier denim bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, those veggies will be riding in style! Beautiful colors definitely perked up that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea!! If my bags looked better, I might actually remember to use them!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! That will definitely make shopping a lot more fun. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing how a little embellishment can go a long way and make such a psychological difference for us? I love the bold colors. Fun re-do!

    ReplyDelete