Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wednesday Parties


Wednesday have never been so much fun as today!! There are so many fun blog parties and events going on. I am joining several parties, including at Heart and Home for Wednesday Gratitude. Today I want to spotlight the wonderful women who host these events and give them my applause and gratitude. I am grateful that we have a place for us to share great ideas, funny stories, and inspiration. JOIN IN.
..

.
Vintage Green & White Checkered Apron ~ I'm finding myself saving vintage aprons from being lost in time. I have purchased several of them and revamping them. I'm giving them tender love and care; mending and taking care of them. I will be posting them for sale as soon as they are ready to leave the nest again. I love the cross stitch on this apron. We all have things we love, and aprons are like my babies. I'm on a mission again this coming weekend to look for more vintage aprons.


.
Summer Food & Fun
My kids are home for the summer so I have to get creative with fun and affordable meals. My kids love salads but they can get boring after a few days. My thought was to use the same ingredients but in different ways. Chilli's Restaurant used to have delicious lettuce wraps, and I loved them. That is what gave me the idea. My son likes shrimp, so we can get him a small container. My daughter loves beef and chicken, so we always have that in the refrigerator. Buying romaine lettuce is actually cheaper than buying lettuce salad kits. The other great thing is that lettuce wraps gives us healthier food with the same great taste.
.
New England Shrimp Lettuce Wrap
Shrimp wraps made with sweet and spicy shrimp. Lightly boil shredded cabbage and chopped carrots. Wrap in lettuce leaves and serve shilled. Add in fresh red pepper for garnish.
.
.
Ole' Spanish Lettuce Wrap
A new twist to tacos. Cook chicken breast and combine traditional Latin spices; cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and chili powder. Wrap in lettuce leaves and serve warm. Top with guacamole and hot sauce.

.
Have a great day!
Yoli :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Yoli,
    I had no idea there were so many parties on Wednesday! I will go check some of them out, right away.
    Thanks for linking up to Wed. Gratitude again, and for the delicious sounding recipe ideas. I love the cross-stitch apron, too!
    Have a great week.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, thanks so much for linking up at gettin' crafty on hump day! That apron is FABULOUS!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous apron! Love the recipe ideas. I have a party on Wed. too. it is called Centerpiece Wed. Come on over for a peek.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is so cute!! I love your attention to detail. Visiting from Bargain Brag Wednesday...
    justsewsassy.com
    btw, where did you find that cute mannequin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going to have to try your apron idea and your lettuce wraps...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This would be a great project to link to my Upcycled Awesome linky party.

    http://www.thetshirtdiaries.com/2010/06/upcycled-awesome-linky-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing with We're Organized Wednesday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful aprons, and that food looks so yummy!!

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy Session at Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty apron! Love that you're saving vintage aprons!

    Thanks for the idea of lettuce wraps...tasty and a lot less calories than regular wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy, I love new ideas for lettuce wraps! Can't wait to look around. New follower from Friday blog hop...

    sienna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun vintage apron! Thanks for linking it up to Hoo's got talent! Your food also looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete