Friday, June 11, 2010

Saturday ~ Vintage Apron & Necklace



Happy Pink Saturday! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here. My plans are to wake up early so I can head to the local flea market to see what I can find. My kids usually sleep in late so I have alone time most Saturday mornings. I enjoy myself because I get to take my time looking around at the different booths at markets. My aunt often joins me but today I'm heading out earlier; just me and my camera. Before I go, I've got several blog parties I'm going to drop by to visit. I invite you to join me. It is always fun and inspirational.

.
Today I am sharing my Vintage Rose Apron. I bought this at a local antique store. I made a few minor sewing mends but otherwise it was stunning at first sight. I love the color combinations of vintage white, pastel rose, and slate grey paisley. I paired it up with a floral pearl necklace that I made. I have become in love with pearls and vintage lately. They are so romantic and enchanting.
.


.
The perfect apron needs the perfect accessory; a delicious dessert. I'm leaving this one to the expert, Betty Crocker. It is the Raspberry-Lemonade Cake. Yummy!!

Ingredients
1 cup very hot water
1 box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavored gelatin
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
1/2 cup frozen (thawed) lemonade concentrate
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, if desired
Lemon peel strips, if desired
Step 1
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In small bowl, mix hot water and gelatin until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
Step 2
In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture, 1/4 cup of the lemonade concentrate, the water, oil, and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Reserve remaining gelatin mixture and lemonade concentrate.
Step 3
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Poke warm cake every inch with fork tines. Remove 1 tablespoon of the reserved gelatin mixture to microwavable custard cup or small bowl. In another small bowl, mix remaining gelatin mixture and remaining 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate; pour slowly over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Step 4
In medium bowl, fold together frosting and whipped topping; frost cake. Microwave 1 tablespoon gelatin mixture uncovered on High 10 seconds to liquefy. Using 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, place small drops of gelatin mixture over frosting; with spoon or toothpick, swirl gelatin into frosting. Garnish each piece with raspberries and lemon peel strips. Store covered in refrigerator. Find more recipes at http://www.bettycrocker.com/.
.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Yoli :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Yoli,

    First of all, Happy Pink Saturday!

    I hope you have a great day at the market today -- be sure to let us know about your finds. :)

    Your rose apron is lovely and that cake looks tempting.

    Thanks for sending a note the other day -- I sure love your apron. THANKS! :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron is oh, so cute and the recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful apron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty apron. Great find!
    I've been wearing my Yoli apron and I love it.
    I'll be posting on it soon.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful apron and necklace! I love the colors.

    Thanks for sharing at Saturday is Crafty Day!
    Laura @ along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your necklace creation. It's very attractive and feminine. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your apron. What a great choice for Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, thank you for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday! Esther XX

    ReplyDelete