Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In the Mood for Chocolate!

I'm always in the mood for chocolate. I love chocolate desserts, rich brown clothing, and brown home accents. It is my "new-black". I wear a lot of brown and turquoise jewelry, so I have to match with brown accessories. I use brown as the foundation and then brighten up with pinks, blues, and greens. You can't go wrong with browns.


.
Brown Sugar Apron
I made this one in a brown and grey/blue fabric. It has two brown taffeta pockets and brown lace trim. It is not your every-day apron. It is the perfect hostess apron for your next special dinner. Love the rich brown waist band.


.
Now on to tasty treats. LOVE THEM ALL. Yummy!!

.
Gorgeous brown accessories. Use boldly or just a hint.

.
Brown home deco is so warming. It looks great with bright accents.


.
Thankful Penny Pinching Ideas
As a single mom I'm always have to be thrifty and stretch my pennies as much as possible. This Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for my job because we are blessed with a good income. Yet, I don't splurge irresponsibly. When we go out to eat we order the full size meal so we can have leftovers. It is a lot of food but we can stretch it into 2 meals. Here's and example of one of our favorite restaurants, Texas Road House where we enjoy "Fall-off-the-Bone" Ribs: a 1/2 slab ribs is $12 and a full slab ribs = $17. For just $5 extra we get delicious ribs two days in a row; and we really should be eating smaller meals anyway.

.
Blog Parties & Events ~ Click here for list

Have a great week!
Yoli :)

19 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet your comments! I love your aprons - so, so, cute!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ chocolate too! I love the colors in the apron -so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of the apron, visiting from welcome wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog--just adorable! and I love your apron--you're so talented!!!! I hope you'll come visit my blog--it's brand-new!
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    Whimsical Musigns

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling apron!! Makes me want to eat some chocolate! New follower from WW. Stop by and visit some time!
    Katy
    www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now following you thanks to Welcome Wednesday and it would be nice if you could share back the love here! Also i see that you are having your navigation bar up there and i know how to make that hidden and share these tips with everybody on the the blog today! So check that out too if you want to know how to do it yourself:)Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Welcome Wednesday follower.http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great....now I have to go to the store and get a candy bar!! Great job on the apron!

    Sam
    Mom. Undecided.
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/
    (Come one over - I'm having a giveaway this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring this...come by and snag a button! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following from WW! Hope you can stop by my blog sometime...

    FYI... I am ALWAYS in the mood for chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yoli, Your apron caught my eye - I would love for you to link up to Fabric Fun Thursday.

    Excellent tip on ordering dinners. I'm surprised with teens you have leftovers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors! I'm visiting from Welcome Wednesday. I already follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply love the apron and all the other chocolate items, pariticularly the pearls. Now following, visiting via welcome wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute apron! I love chocolate too, the pictures look so good! Thanks for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper @ The Virginia House!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am your newest follower from Welcome Wednesdays. Your blog is awesome!!! You are so very talented.

    I love your Brown Sugar Apron. I want a matching dress!!! I love brown!!! I love brown with pink and brown with teal....so pretty!!!

    Hope you'll stop by and follow back!!!

    --Tabitha
    www.bsandgl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI YOLANDA!b I am a total choco-holic! Your aprons are gorgeous! Come check out our blog- we would love to do a feature on your company!

    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for participating in this week's WELCOME WEDNESDAY! We hope to see you weekly! We are so happy to be following your blog! You can help spread the word about our event by grabbing our button!

    Kristin
    Take It From Me
    http://takeitfrom-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the chocolate and grey apron...Ok, I am so hooked on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yoli - Thanks for stopping by the other day. I love the brown post....all the wonderful pics. I never realized how appealing brown can be, but you're so right! Already following your blog! :) Pam @ Sallygoodin P.S. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete