Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday - Cozy Cute Pillows


....more
.
This past weekend I found 2 vintage kitchen linens at an incredibly low price. I don't mind being frugal and on a budget. One is large kitchen towel. The fabric is a thin cotton in red, white, and blue. Next was a corn sack that as weathered with character. I bought both of them thinking I was going to sew them into aprons. Instead I decided to make pillows. I added a beige linen fabric to the large kitchen towel and stuffed the pillow. Next, I added rick-rack in red & blue to the corn sack. I like that the pillows are large and comfy, and most of all I want my kids to be able to use them when they are laying around watching television.
.
"Before" picture of the towel and sack.


Pillows: sewn, embellished, and stuffed.






.
That was so much fun. I hope you have a blessed weekend.
Yoli :)

14 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! I wish I could sew :) Gonna go check out the rest of your blog!
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday.

    Rachel
    www.sewambitious.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m following you now on Trendy Treehouse--No. 154! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! What great finds!

    Coming over from My Romantic Home and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Yoli - they're darling! Visiting from Show and Tell Friday~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute, love the ric-rac trim!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Those are pillows with some real character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!! What great pillows these turned out to be! Great Friday finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Why can't I ever find great towels like this? Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way cute! lol about the poultry pillow being next to your chickey decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find on the fabric, your pillows look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fun! And I love that they're vintage.

    ReplyDelete