Sunday, June 27, 2010

Monday ~ Texas Senorita

Happy Marvelous Monday! I'm a Texas Senorita who passionately in love with my beautiful state. I live in central Texas so I'm just a skip-hop away from everything. Many of my apron designs are inspired by the Lone Star State. I want to give a shout-out to Diana for putting together a list of 350 Texas-Blogging Gals. Everyone is welcomed!
.
I've been trying to find time to finish my western aprons. I have about 10 aprons that I need to work on. All of them have the western band on the bottom and I'm adding senorita appliques. I will post them as soon as they are completed. This is my Western Senorita design.
.
I love western attire and country home decor. I have a lot of denim in my wardrobe and I like wearing it with several strands pearls and silver. Western Chic is a statement of casual elegance. It is a look that is stylish and practical. The colors are bright and vibrant, and speak directly to the soul. Step into the old west in these designs from Crows Nest Trading.


.
Texas Senorita Chili
This my easy chili recipe. I wish I could impress you with gourmet chili but when it comes to it I'm a busy mom so I go for quick and easy. I have made this so many time and it is always a hit. I love chili leftovers because the ingredients have had time to blossom together.

Ingredients
2 pounds ground sirloin.
½ pack of Taco Seasoning
1 large can Ranch Style Beans
1 large can pinto beans
1 large white onion, chopped
1 can of tomato sauce
2 chopped fresh jalapenos
Shredded Cheddar
Tostada Chips
Directions
Cook ground sirloin over medium heat, add in chopped onions and add seasoning. When the meat is almost fully cooked, add in beans and tomato sauce. Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Optional toppings: chopped onions, chopped jalapenos, shredded cheese, or tostada chips.
Marvelous Monday Parties & Events

Yoli :)

12 comments:

  1. I agree that denim is a great blue to wear. I've showed it today too!

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    madincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoli, Lovely post. I love that denim look in the picture. In my dreams I would still be small enough to wear it lol. Have a great day and God Bless. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Chili looks awesome, can't wait to try it out:)
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love denim too. I'm going to give that chili recipe a try. It looks good!! My husband is from Texas, so he will no doubt enjoy it!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute aprons. Chili looks/sounds wonderful!!
    Love the dishes and the bed ensemble.
    Happy Blue Monday... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love denim too and blue is my favorite color. Very cute post, mosaic and I love the photos. The chili sounds delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chili, your recipe looks just great..!!! and the most important.. so easy..!!!

    I just discovered your blog.!! compliments for your aprons..!!!

    Best regards from spain.!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those plates and the bedding set = to die for!

    ReplyDelete