Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thank You Lord for the Rain!


The good Lord sent me to Heidi's blog for the first time this Wednesday evening, and I'm so grateful. Heidi is hosting her very first party at Heart and Home when Wednesday Gratitude is about celebrating any and all things that make you smile and your heart sing. I am so grateful for so many things, and this Wednesday was undoubtedly an opportunity to be thankful for Rain!


It is raining and cloudy in Texas Hill Country, yet I am still in love with my new city. It doesn't matter how gloomy it looks outside, it is still amazing to me. My heart fills with joy to know that my beloved father God brought me to such a beautiful place. Thank you God for the rain because it reminds me of the love you have for us by sustaining life, allowing us growth, and refreshing our soul.
.
When I get home from work I am going to make Mexican Tortilla Soup. My kids love soups. It is the perfect weather for something warm and soothing; yet spicy. My sister Jessica makes the best Tortilla Soup. She made some for us about a month ago and it was the most delicious I have ever tasted.
.


Thank you Heidi for inviting us in! I look forward to keeping in touch. Hope you have a blessed day! ~ Yoli :)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious, Yoli! We have the ingredients - we could try it. Enjoy your warm soup on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! We used to live near Seguin, Texas...just south of Hill Country. Miss the food but since our kids live at Dallas and San Antonio we can go back often! Love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks delicious! Welcome to the party. I love Heidi's idea of a gratitude day. It will make up slow down and appreciate our good fortune. -Delores

    ReplyDelete