Friday, February 26, 2010

Show and Tell Friday ~ Books


Cindy is hosting Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home. Be sure to check out the wonderful postings from other fabulous bloggers! This week I'm showing a few of my books. For as long as I can remember, I have loved books. The first picture is of a group of older books. Those I have tucked away on a high shelf. Many times I have gone antique shopping specifically for books. I like to showcase the books without their book jackets. The book, New Beginnings is a children's school book. I bought it on eBay a few years ago. It came from the Cavalier Public School District in North Dakota. As I opened the book right now to get these details I get this wonderful scent of aged books. I love it. The book has a copyright of 1965 and the front page has "Jimmy" penciled in.
.
I also like cookbooks. I'm a fan of FoodTV chefs. Ingrid Hoffmann has very easy to follow steps, so they are perfect for a starting cook. It also makes it easy that I have most of the ingredients she uses in her Latin flavor recipes. I posted one of the pages from her cookbook so you can see how beautiful she cooks and presents her dishes. I'm getting hungry..

We just moved 2 months ago and we finally finished unpacking a couple of weeks ago. I decided to sort through my books and give away the ones I no longer wanted. It was difficult to part with them but I promised myself to share. I filled 3 large boxes of books that I am going to donate to Good Will. I hope someone gets to enjoy them as much as I have.
.
P.S.
Happy Birthday Johnny Cash. You are missed!

Have a wonderful day! ~ Yoli :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you too ! We have such a big library with books collected over the 40 years we are married in German, Italian, French and a few in English, that now I only buy used books read them and give them away, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love seeing other people's books! Your New Beginnings books sounds so sweet. I have two old Readers - one in English, one in French, and I keep meaning to put them into a blog post!

    The food looks great too. I currently have two big bags of books to give away, but as our Charity Shop is French (obviously) I'm not sure how quickly they sell English books. I know I buy them, but who else..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love books. So very much. Your photo share is super this week.

    I captured a bit of the Irish Lore today in my SHOW N TELL. Do stop by for a wee bit o' the Irish Luck if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books ,too! There is something wonderful about a book old or new !Thanks for sharing .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures and book you have. I love the book stand.. Johnny Cash was amazing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just culled some of my books and boy was it a hard task! I have books everywhere! Love the photos of Johnny Cash.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books too! Especially cookbooks. It's hard to let them go isn't it? Looks like you have some good ones. :)Do you have a Half Price Books near you? You can sell you old books there. Try them out if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More books! I shared/complained lol about my husband's books, don't know if I even mentioned the smell of them. That's something I always tease him about, the mustier the better. Truthfully, the books are great, and I think they add character and hominess, both to the person reading them, and to the home. Thanks for sharing yours! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love books too. I gave away a lot when I didn't have the shelf space but now we have new Ikea bookcases so I'm trying to fill them again ;)
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete