Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spiritual Sunday ~ Women of Faith & Wisdom


Ginger & Charlotte are hosting Spiritual Sunday so be sure to go on over to if you need prayer or have an inspirational story to share.
"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:3-5
.
I have met so many wonderful women of wisdom through blogging. I am thankful to God for having a support group of friends and mentors. My heart is in serving God in my daily work, loving my family, and sharing my walk in faith. I know that there is hope for our youth and it comes through our prayers and service in guiding them. Reach out my dear friends, for God has built a system of support in His community. You are never alone in your struggles. Call upon a fellow Christian sister and extend your heart in service. God Bless You! ~ Yoli

21 comments:

  1. What a precious post and I love your verse with the perfect picture! I am glad to know you! Please stop by to visit me and read about my new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such truth. Love the picture. May I copy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this picture is amazing....and your words right on. I've found so much support through connecting here. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice tribute to our older friends at
    Spiritual Sundays and other Christian networking sites. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless You, Yoli! This is one of my favorite passges. Thank you for the reminder to reach out. I do enjoy reading all of the other posts on Spiritual Sundays, so much!
    We are fellow Spiritual Sunday bloggers and fellow Texas-Blogging Gals. I don't live in Texas any more, but I did and I am a friend of Diana's.
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a young woman I was so open to mentors and I loved every one of them that God gave me. Now I love to share Him and His truths with others. Right on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that passage in Titus. It is such a sound reminder to sit in faithfulness. I'm happy to meet you and I'm a pinkie, too. I'm going to read your Pink Saturday post now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful words. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Visiting from Texas Blogging Gals! Love your blog! Please visit me for a fun giveaway!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great encouragement! The picture with the verse and post is a beautiful one. This is what I want to be. thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a good post, and like you I too have found soo much inspiration and insight from some truly wonderful sisters in the Lord through this world of blogging. I want to give back as best I can as well. Have a wonderful week. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your post and picture truly touched my heart. It made me think of my mom. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    May God bless you today and every day!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent post. I spent 47years as a pastor. Over all that time I received my most encouragement from elderly women.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are a few older women at my church that think of them as my mentor in life and as become an older woman.
    Thank-you for this beautiful post.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. This the sweetest post, and oh so true....
    The picture speaks volumes
    Blessings to you,
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great words. I love the picture with the older hands and the well used bible...a life well led.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for those Words and thoughts, Dear. And I loved the picture too. My hands are also wrinkled. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! so true... as a younger woman, I find so much inspiration and strength from women who have weathered the storm, who have experienced life and have overcome. I find their wisdom incredibly valuable, and I hope I can help the younger generations as well.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete