Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spiritual Sunday ~ Parenting Teens


Ginger & Charlotte are hosting Spiritual Sunday so be sure to go on over to if you need prayer or have an inspirational story to share. Today I share about my walk as a parent of teens. Teenage years can be great, fun, exciting, and challenging; and that is for all of us. I am thankful to God that my kids and I have a strong spiritual connection because that has been our saving grace. Relocating can be a tough transition for parents, but even more so for teens. We have been in our new city for 2 months and my two teenagers have made sacrifices and great steps of courage. Life through the eyes of a teenager is different from adults and we need to pray for them. I know that this time of challenges too shall pass and will hopefully make us stronger and closer with God. I am learning as they grow. I am taking it One Day at a Time. Every day is an opportunity for me to love them more and thank God for sending them to my life. ..

My dear friends, I kindly ask that you join me in prayer.
.

Lord, grant me time enough to do all the chores, join in the games, help with the lessons, and say the night prayers, and still have a few moments left over for me; energy enough to be bread-baker and breadwinner, knee-patcher and peacemaker, ballplayer and bill juggler; hands enough to wipe away the tears, to reach out when I'm needed, to hug and to hold, to tickle and touch.; and heart enough to share and to care, to listen and to understand, and to make a loving home for my family. AMEN
.
God Bless You,
Yoli :)

13 comments:

  1. May God continue to hold you and your teens in His loving arms and may He encourage and guide you through this new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you & your family. Raising teens is tough but I am getting through it! My baby is a high school sophomore so it is getting easier! The other three are college kids now and my big girl is a mom with a teen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped in to say howdy from Texas Blogging Gals.

    Blessings,
    Necel from the Old House in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raising children is a wild ride. They need face to face attention and tight hugs hello and goodbye. They need beds fluffed and prayers said, tea brought and bedside flowers. It's hard being young. I'm thankful we survived it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoli, God is using you to minister to other single parents out there. I am sure many have been helped by your blog and your personal testimony. Have a blessed Spiritual Sunday, and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teen years are challenging for sure. My parents and I moved from California to Oklahoma in the middle of my freshman year in high school. I hated it and cried every night for awhile. It wasn't long before I learned to love my new city and new school. As I look back on my young years, I think I benefited greatly by living in different areas. (We moved several times before I got to high school too.) We do need to pray for the children. I think growing up in today's society is much harder than it was in the 40s and 50s. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one 12 yr old son and sometimes feel so over my head. Sounds like you are doing alot of things right, so keep on keeping on.

    Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes and scriptures. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not there yet, but with a 10-year-old, I'm catching glimpses of what lies ahead. Sounds like you're doing all you can and doing it well.

    :-D Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am most definitely joining with you in prayer for you and for your family! We have gone through this before. In September 2008, I did not know if our son was going to adjust to the move or not, but now he is very happy.

    I am praying for you! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoli, What a beautiful prayer. I will pray for you and your teens.I will keep you in my prayers also.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for that prayer!!! My teenagers have to cope with the trial we are facing, too. Indeed, life is so hard but God makes all things beautiful in His time.
    Please click here for mine.

    ReplyDelete