Friday, April 27, 2012

Crispy Turkey Pepperoni Pizza



I love pizza.  I'm on a new health revolution so I'm glad I heard about this.  Harley Pasternak from ABC's The Revolution and 5 Factor Diet has a simple recipe for pizza.   I personally love the crunchy tortilla crust.  It is very artisan, which for me is part of the fun.  I want to enjoy what I'm eating and take the time to savor the food.  Before I used to chow-down without stopping to taste.  Now I try to slow down and explore the flavors.  A great thing about Harley's pizza, and most of his recipes, is that they do not take long ot make at all.  They are quick, healhty, and satisfying.
 
Harley Pasternak's Healthy Pizza


Ingredients:
1 Whole wheat tortilla
1 cup tomato sauce
Sliced roma tomatoes
3/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
sliced low-fat turkey pepperoni
fresh basil leaves

Instructions:
Ladle half of the tomato sauce over the tortilla and spread the cheese.
Ladle on the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle tomatoe slices and turkey peperoni.
Bake in skillet until the cheese is melted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment