Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monday ~ Southwest Flavors

I grew-up around delicious Tex-Mex South-West cuisine. The recipes are influenced by Spanish settlers, Native Americans, and frontier Cowboys. My father and uncles would grill every weekend and fill the house with rustic aromas. They would grill beef fajitas, BBQ chicken, and sausage. My mother and aunts would inside cooking chili, rice, beans, stuffed bell peppers, burritos, taco salads, nachos, salsa, and fresh tortillas.

I love the vibrant use of color and bold use of textures in home decor. I try to capture the same essence fiestas, food, and fun, in my apron designs. I believe that life should include a celebration of those who came before us. I give honor to the brave American settlers that pioneered across the country and thank the Native Indians for giving us a spirit pride.
.




.
Mojito
In an 8- to 10-ounce glass, combine 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves (each about 1½ in. long) and 2 teaspoons superfine sugar. With a wooden spoon, pound mint leaves with sugar to coarsely crush. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons light rum, 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice; mix well. Fill glass with ice cubes and 4 to 6 tablespoons chilled soda water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.

Fiesta Blue Apron


.
Monday Blog Parties
Admirer Monday at Heavenly Savings
Between Naps On The Porch - Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday - Smiling Sally
Brag Monday - Graphic Fairy
Coupon Database.
Craftastic Monday - Sew Can Do
Follow Me Monday ~ Make New Friends
Follow Us Monday Morning.
Frugality is Free at Living Life Queenstyle
Its So Very Creative Monday at It's so Very Cheri
Just Something I Whipped up for Monday - The Girl Creative
Mad Skills Party at Mad In Crafts
Made by You Monday at Skip to my Lou
Make it 4 Monday - Cottage Instincts
Make it Monday - The Persimmon Perch
Making Monday Marvelous - Craft
Making The World Cuter - I Made The World Cuter Today
Market Yourself Monday - Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Marketing Mondays - Trendy Treehouse
Meet Me On Monday at Never Growing Old
Meet Me Monday at Inspiring You to Save
Messy Monday - The Pumpkin Patch
Metamorphosis Monday - Between Naps on the Porch
Modern Craftswoman Monday at Tools Are For Women Too
Monday Mingle at Kd Buggie Boutique
Motivate Me Monday - Keeping it Simple
Night Owl Crafting - Hoo's Got Talent?
Silver Lining - Friend Makin Monday
Something Beautiful at A Glimpse of Beautiful
Southern Hospitality - Thrifty Treasures
The House In The Roses - Show Off Your Cottage Monday
The Shades Of Pink - Room A Month
.
.

12 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! Your food looks delicious. :-)

    Sorry so late but I'm following back from Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican food is my favorite-now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the corn and the guacamole look SO DELISH!! This post has definitely made me hungry.

    Hope you're having a blessed day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the food, made me hungry. Happy Blue Monday

    http://www.jnjmilestones.com/2010/08/blue-monday-blue-tongue-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! New follower from Mingle Monday! Hope you can stop by and return the follow :)

    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos and food looked amazing. Found your blog on blog hop and followed :)

    Send the love back please :)
    www.sassystylecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting (and now following) from FUMM. Love your apron design. So festive! And now I'm dying for a mojito :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That apron is so cute! And that food certainly is beautiful!!! I didn't realize just how hungry I was until I saw that grilled chicken!! LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious!

    Following from Follow us Monday Morning. Hope you can return the blog love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by to say Hi!.

    I should visit your blog more earlier but I not feel well,
    Thank you for visit my blog and Thanks for kind comment on my blog.
    Hope you have a great day.

    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    Nan
    PS. I'm following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just looking at the Guacamole pic, it makes me want to make some, btw its 1:00 am over here lol.

    I'm Gris your newest follower. =)

    ReplyDelete