Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday


 
"For your Father knows what you need before you ask him."  
Matthew 6:8 
 
Today, Lord, my prayer will not a torrent of words nor a rushing stream of petitions. Today I intend to be a person of few words, but of greater attention. I remember what the psalmist said, "Even before a word is on my tongue, O' Lord, you now it completely" (Psalm 139:4).  So, for today, for a change, I intend to listen.  "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening" (1 Samuel 3:9).  Amen
 
Today take a few minutes to pray the Lord's Prayer on time.  Reflect on the  meaning of each phrase of the prayer.  Consider the consequences of saying, "Our", and the implications of calling God "Father".  This kind of prayer gives God an opportunity to speak to us.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello..I'm a new blogger. Thanks for dropping by and following me..it is such a pleasure. You have an amazing blog..our body needs food and so is the word of God to nourish our soul. I am your follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to work on fewer words and more attention. :)

    ReplyDelete