Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wednesday ~ Gratitude & Penny Pinching


Happy Wednesday sweet friends! It isn't "hump day", it is FUN day in my opinion. It is time for me to join Heidi at Heart and Home for Wednesday Gratitude where I always have a great time. I'm also posting at The Thrifty Home where Jen is hosting Penny Pinching Party and there are always great ideas.
.
My gratitude post is about my day with my sister Jessica. Jackson Street Festival was held last weekend in Harlingen, Tx. My sister Jessica from JOY Marie's Boutique and I had a booth. My Penny Pinching Party posting is about an artistic painting my son made last week. It was simple, made a statement, and was made cost efficiently.
My son made this for a school project. He took apart a pizza box, painted the background in black, and hand wrote the Serenity Prayer in white paint. It looked like a chalk-board painting that you see at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I was so proud of him.

Did I ever tell you that God has a sense of humor? Well he does! We arrived early Saturday morning at the festival to setup and it was drizzling. Jessica and I weren't about to give up so we prayed to God for stop the rain, and it stopped raining. I guess we weren't specific enough about the weather because it was very windy all day. Our booth was not presented as well as we wanted because the wind was crazy, but we made the best of it.

There were several vendors selling plants. They were definitely the hot item in demand. The plants were gorgeous.


We had a wonderful day, made new friends, and good sales!


By 4pm we loaded up the UHaul and headed home. Below is a picture of Jessica; even after a long windy day she still looked beautiful and like she was still having fun.



Have a wonderful Wednesday! ~ Yoli :)

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had alot of fun things at your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I love things like that! And yes, your sister does look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you had fun. Your sister looks great.

    Did you get to the Houston Rodeo? I went there for the first time. We had a great time.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a "wonderful day" spent.....

    I LOVE RODEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm a barrel racer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    I didn't go to the Houston Rodeo this year. I hope your first time was fun. I went to the San Antonio Rodeo a couple of days though.

    I'm like Holly, I love rodeos!!

    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yoli,
    Your booth was so colorful! I'm glad you were successful that day. Lucky for you to have your sister near by - that's such a special relationship. Mine live far away, and we don't have very close relationships anymore. It makes me sad - but sometimes life choices drive people apart.
    I truly appreciated your participation in Wednesday Gratitude. I had hoped for a bigger turnout, don't really know what to do about that, but will stick with it for awhile. Thanks for not giving up on the party!
    I have heard about your part of the country and seen pictures, it's lovely!
    Have a wonderful week and weekend.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yoli,
    I LOVE the area that you live in! I think that part of Texas is just the best ~ and perhaps one day I'll live there too. :-) Your booth looks so bright and colorful...and yes, your sister is absolutely gorgeous! How she looks like that after you described the day is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing! I am in the process of moving ~ packing my lights out and very busy so haven't been around as much as I'd like. In April, I will be!

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all had fun! And that little dog is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yoli,
    I am so glad you had a successful day, and that you all had fun.
    I enjoyed all of your pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yoli! Looks like you had a great time. Your sister does look lovely. I usually look frazzled during and after my craft shows. LOL

    Irma :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sister! It was a blast! I am already knee deep in daisys working on more bows and barrets! Can't wait to see you soon. Sew Away~

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart melted when I saw the pizza box art your son made. That is so precious!

    ReplyDelete