Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pink Saturday ~ Easter Confetti Eggs



Happy Pink Saturday. I've been visiting around at Beverly's place How Sweet the Sound. There are so many gorgeous items being posted, so many talented ladies. I am back home for the weekend, where I'm reminded of my childhood love for confetti eggs. They are called "cascarones" in Spanish. Growing up we would carefully break the eggs when we were cooking so we could save them for Easter. We saved them all year and started to decorate them a couple of weeks before Easter. They were my first love of crafts. They are so easy to make and fun to break on Easter day. After I had kids, I taught them to make cascarones. It seemed more work as an adult, but more fun for my kids.


I love the pretty pink egg with the flower mosaic. Some people are very talented. I will admit that my eggs were probably not the pretties ones on the block. Oh what wonderful memories.
Have a great Saturday!
Yoli :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Yoli.
    Oooo,the confetti eggs are just beautiful..and what fun that would be. I always enjoyed decorating Easter eggs with my sons and then grandchildren. Happy Pinks and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoli,
    Me and the pixies think your cascarones are lovely!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember blowing out the eggs and coloring and decorating them as a child. I always love stopping by. Please visit me sometime. Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea...makes them so festive! Thanks for showing us.

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tradition! These look great.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I had totally forgotten about cascarones! We used to do them every year when my nieces were small. They're so much fun!
    ~❧❀*Happy Pink First Day of Spring!!*❀❧

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful confetti eggs!

    Sorry for the late visit but I'm glad I could come and enjoy your great pinks!

    Have a wonderful week!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the confetti eggs. I began saving my egg shells, so I can start making some for Easter. Thanks for sharing the idea.
    ENJOY all the Pink.
    ~Jany~
    Don't forget to "Look in the Nook"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Eggs! My grandkids will love these...Thanks for following my blog and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice - Happy late Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete