Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday of Gratitude


Today I am joining Charlotte, Ginger, and their friends for Spiritual Sundays.  There are so many blessings in my life that I am sincerely grateful for.  It doesn't mean that tough situations don't get me down or worry me, but I know that they are all in God's plan towards a greater life.   One of the things I'm grateful for is that through the years I have see God's promise manifest itself in my life.  I tell my kids that in everything step we take we can see God in our journey.  In the furthest of our imagination, is God working his compassion for us.  Nothing is impossible for God...nothing!  That alone is something to be grateful for.  With the news we hear about the unrest in Middle East and studies we hear about troubles in our schools, lets be thankful that nothing is impossible for God to fix.  Yes, we need to reach out to him but it is just as simple as inviting him into our life. Together as a Christian community we can do great things through prayer, actions, and faith.

My son will be graduating from high school in a few  months.  He is getting ready to leave for college.  I knew this time would come, yet I seems to have crept up on me.  Where did 18 years go?   He isn't even gone yet and I already miss him so much.  I have to quiet myself, hear God's voice, and know that God will take care of my son for me.  I have done my part in raising a young man of grace, faith, and courage.  I am so grateful that God embraced my family and taught my son about love and service.  Now it is time for my son  to stand on his own with God.  Thank you Lord for giving us your life, your son Jesus Christ, and your everlasting love.




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading, and I pray that as your son goes off to college, you all will have a blessed and easy transition.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful :) I like the whole concept of this feature!

    xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoli, I totally relate to this post and it goes right along with the girls discipleship lesson that I just home from, "God is Trustworthy". Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Nothing is impossible with God. We all need to just trust Him, with every milestone and challenge in our lives.
    P.S. Still praying for your Aunt Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful testimony. Your sons sounds like he will stand strong with the Lord.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son will stand tall because of the training he has had at home. You can and should be proud. God has blessed us all more than we ever deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to see our kids grow up and leave home. I so well remember when our daughter and then our son left to go 360 miles away to college. We are so blessed that now after all these years they both live just a few minutes from our house. Thank you for sharing your heart. This is an encouraging post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete