Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Hair Fashion

I was reading in Marie Claire magazine to see what the hair trends are for 2011.  Apparently volume hair is up, so tease to your heart's content.  Remember the bouffant bee-hive?  Also in style are big curls that are messy waves.  I guess the toussel tresses are in which means I don't have to do much other than towel dry and go.   Up-do's are pulled back sleek this year and with extra shine.  A hot trend are woven locks and loose hair braids.  They look casual, sexy, and so easy to do.  Braids are worn to the side, laid back, or braided on top in a natural head band.  The low pony tail is a huge hit on the fashion runways,just loosely gathered or twisted in place. 

As for me,  I have natural medium brown hair. I'm feeling blahhh about it right now, so I might get some high-lights.  I usually blow-dry my hear with a large round brush and wear it down.  Most of my life my hair has been medium to long in length. I have a lot of hair and I tend to over tease it...LOL. 


Love these hair styles!


Friday Blog Hops


1. Can you drive a stick shift?  Yes
2. What are two foods you just can't eat? - shrimp, lobster
3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind? - Tagalongs
4. How do you pamper yourself? Mani-Pedi
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?  Yoli


7 comments:

  1. I have been checking out hairstyles myself. I am ready for a change, especially once the weather gets warmer. Stopping by from Friendly Friday! So nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!


    Stopping by to say hi and to follow.
    You can visit me here- http://poshonabudget.com/2011/02/tgif.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish my hair would look like that! It's fine textured and just lies flat on my head like a wet paper towel unless I keep it short. Maybe a wig is the answer! Thanks for posting the photos.
    (I found you through 5Q Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think highlights would look really pretty on your hair. I guess it's time to take out the hairspray, lol. Can't wait to see your after photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a new follower from “Follow Friday 40 and Older”, your site looks amazing and I’ll definitely be checking back often!! I would love it if you would follow me back!!
    Thanks,
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning :D
    Although it's Saturday I am still Friday blog hopping, there are so many hops on a Friday now I don't know whether I am coming or going.
    Perhaps we will see lots of 'Kate Middleton' hair, remember the Diana look?!!
    Hope you have a great week. Please pop by and say hello if you have a few minutes.
    Helen x
    http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower!! I love the look of your blog! your header is amazing :o) I'd love if you popped on over to visit me and say hello when ever you get a chance http://itssewlisa.blogspot.com

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete