Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

So excited that my aprons will be in Erin Hicks Miller's new cookbook.  She was gracious in inviting me to send several of my aprons for her photo shoot several months ago.  Her cookbook has been published and available online and bookstores.  She will be featured on KHOU's Great Day Houston TV show on February 24, where she will also be giving away her cookbook and our aprons.  Best of Luck Erin and a million thanks!!  :)


This past weekend we had "Girls Weekend" with my sisters, nieces, mother, aunt, and my daughter Gina.  We had a great time starting on Friday night with a dinner at San Antonio's Ciao Lavanderia, which serves traditional Italian.

Saturday we were at Garage of Goods in San Antonio for a huge sale from 9am - 3pm.  My sister Jessica from JOY Marie's Boutique and I had a booth.  It was a bit cold but we were happy to see people come out. There were 40 vendors with so gorgeous products from artisans, painters, vintage items, plants, and much more.  The music was hip and the place was urban chic, and we got to meet fabulous people.
I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Melissa Guerra, culinary expert, food historian, and author.  I have been a huge fan for years and she is my inspiration!   Much of my Apron Senorita designs are driven by my passion that celebrates the Hispanic lifestyle.  Melissa Guerra's store is a celebration of Latin products for the kitchen, from tablewear to authentic food ingredients.  Below is a picture that I took several weeks ago of my Aunt Connie at the store.  Visit Melissa Guerra Tienda de Cosina.


We met Steve Spriesterf rom KSAT News!
Also at the Garage of Goods was Steve Spriester from KSAT News.  It was such an honor to meet him because we are huge news fans in our family.  My son Vincent who is graduating this year from high school is going into journalism in college.  Steve was so kind to speak with my son for a few minutes.  It totally made my son's day and gave him inspiration!!


MONDAY BLOG HOPS




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's great! Just stopped by to wish you a Happy amiga Valentine's Day! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop in to say thank you for following me!!

    ReplyDelete