Monday, August 8, 2011

National Peach Month

August is National Peach Month, according to the American Food and Drink Days database.  I love peaches especially in hot peach cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream.  Peach trees are not native to deep south Texas where I grew up so we usually bought them at the grocery store.  When they weren't in season I would buy them canned in light syrup.  When I was in elementary we used to get peaches as part of our school lunch.  One of the first things I learned to bake from scratch was peach cobbler.  It has also been a while since I have made a peach pie.  I'm going to wait until winter to bake because its way too hot during the summer.  At this point a store bought peach pies works perfectly for me.  I like adding peaches to my oatmeal and in my spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  Getting hungry.....
When I think of peaches now I can't help but think of Paula Deen, the sweetest Georgia peach.  I just adore her cooking shows and her fun-loving charm.  She inspires people to be themselves and expect great things in the simple things in life.  God gave her a special smile and way of making people feel special.  Her success inspires me and makes me believe that great things can come happen when we serve from the heart. 


Paula Deen Peach Recipes

         
 


No comments:

Post a Comment