Monday, August 29, 2011

I Don't Know How She Does It


 
How do you keep life together without losing it?  Women juggle so much; family, marriage, kids, work, community service, friendships, and more.  There are times that I feel I'm going to lose it, but then I remember that my family is relying on me to get it done.  It is tough to please everyone and harder to please oneself.  Many times we are hardest on our self when things aren't perfect.  Sometimes we look at other women who seem to "have it all".  We might even wish for a moment that we had her "perfect" life.  Some women seem flawless as they go about their daily tasks, looking stunning and having a fun time.  Wouldn't it be great to step into their expensive shoes for a day?  Well ladies, life isn't perfect but we can learn to dance as we stumble and sing as we cry.  We are wonderful women, loving mothers, beautiful wives, and treasured friends.  I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother is a book written by Allison Pearson .  It is also a new movie that will premier September 16th. 

The hilarious ladies of the new movie I Don't Know How She Does It explore motherhood and the myth that women can have it all.   A comedy centered on the life of Kate Reddy, a finance executive who is the breadwinner for her husband and two kids. She tries to balance work, friends, kids, husband, and somewhere find some time for herself.  It’s a story that countless mothers have become so familiar with over the past few decades: Woman wants job. Woman wants family. Woman wants it all – and woman gets it all. And as any have-it-all-mom success story can tell you:   It’s not easy.  The movie is cast with wonderful actors and is the perfect setting of big city life of an American family.  I think Sarah Jessica Parker is amazing.  Casting: Allison Pearson, Christina Hendricks, Greg Kinnear, Jessica Szohr, Olivia Munn, Pierce Brosnan, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Seth Meyers.


Tuesday Blog Hops
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the movie!

    I am a new follower.

    I would love if you came and followed me back at Free eBooks Daily
    http://www.freeebooksdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in my blog. Will be back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic review. I want to see it :)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there-
    Hoping you follow back if have not already done so.
    Thanks for checking us out and have a great day
    Cathy
    www.twinswithtots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! I love to read, so I want to check the book out before the movie!!!

    I'm a new follower via Tuesday Blog Trail... I hope you can stop by my blog: iluv2save.blogspot.com

    Nice to meet you!
    ~Ola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't sure that this book would make a good movie but the trailer looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete