Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School Shopping


YEAH....I'm done shopping.  My daughter Gina and I have been shopping for back to school. She is going to be in 11th grade, so the shopping list was big because it also included a car and setting up her first checking account.  We took our time shopping looking for bargains.  I think we did great staying within our budget.  The best part for me was that I got to spend a lot of time with her.  It has been amazing to watch her grow into a very nice, smart, and respectful young lady.  Hopefully when she starts school in a couple of weeks, the teachers don't send a request for more school supplies.  It is time for mommy to sit back and relax.  My work is done....for now.
 
If you're still shopping, I wish you the best of luck.  The stores are getting crowded and the supply shelves will soon be empty.  My suggestions are to go in with a list of items you need and a clear budget.  Don't get side-tracked by "sale" signs that only lure you in.  Buy good quality items at reasonable prices.  While you're shopping in the crazyness, stop and take a deep breath.  Enjoy yourself and try to treat yourself to something too.
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! My youngest is a high school senior this year. With all the costs of everything we have to budget carefully. We are going to take his senior pictures tonight. A guy who worked with my hubby is doing it. He had to quit his full time job because his hobby interfered with it! He is a beautiful photographer. We are truly blessed to be working and being able to afford a few of these school items! Thanks for sharing. Anne

    ReplyDelete