Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talking Tuna

When I was young, my mother would cook up home-made tuna casserole.  It was heaven in a dish.  Even to this day she can make a delicious meal out of a few ingredients. We were a family of 5 kids so my parents had to get creative in order to feed all of us on a budget.  Mom worked full-time but she managed to whip-up scrumptious dishes in snap.  Back then we weren't allowed to be finicky and we certainly didn't go out to eat much.  When supper was on the table, we either liked what was served or we starved. 

Now that I'm a parent, I can't image how it was for mom to have to cook for so many.   I'm a single mom of 2 older teens kids who fend for themselves a lot now, so my cooking isn't in high demand anymore.  My son is leaving to college in a few months and I'm so glad he knows how to cook for himself.  It is time to take a trip down memory lane.  I'm going to cook a tuna casserole this week.  It won't be as good as Mom's, but it will be just fine.  Yum, Yum...can't wait.


 
 Wednesday Blog Hops
 
Welcome Wednesday at Take it From Me
Follow Me Wednesday at 3 Four and Under
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Wondering Wednesday at Paisley Passion
Great Moms Think Alike at The Unexpected Mother
Catch the Wave Wednesday at Blogging Hints
Winter Friends Wednesday at 3 Princes And A Princess 2
It’s Be-Bop-A Blog Hop Daddy-O! at Mommy Living the Life of Riley
Handmade Wednesday at Blue Eyed Blessings
Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond
Relax & Make Friends at Mommie Point of View
Middle Matters a Mid-week Blog Hop at Makobi Scribe
 



8 comments:

  1. I haven't had a tuna casserole in years...it was a staple in our house growing up too. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Follow Me Wednesday. I would appreciate you following me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you now! I love all the blog hops... I get to read all kinds of neat blogs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so good! My grandmother would always make tuna casserole. I havent had it in seems like forever! I really need to try to make some:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I found you on the Wed. Blog Hop. I am your new follower. Please follow me @
    http://westvistaurbanfarmschool.blogspot.com/
    I love the name of your blog and your Etsy items look fabulous. Can't wait to read and explore more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Eat or starve....that's how it was at my house too. My 5 are spoiled! My mom stayed home so we had home cooked meals. I work so my kids (who are almost all moved out and grown) pretty much fend for themselves. I think I'll make Tuna Casserole tonight though! Sounds Yummy. :D


    Hi, great blog! I love finding new blogs to read. I’m your newest follower.
    I’m following from the Middle Matters Hop!
    Here are my links if you are interested.

    http://juliesbits.blogspot.com/ Vintage Treasure Giveaway
    http://dinkalulu.blogspot.com/ Make the prettiest cupcake toppers!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/WhysperFairy?ref=si_shop Silicone molds for DIY Jewelry, Scrapbook, Soap, clay and fondant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, new follower here.
    I hope that when you get a chance, you will stop by and follow me back.

    ~Steph
    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete