Monday, May 30, 2011

June is National Candy Month


 
A little chocolate is like a love affair - an occasional sweet release that lightens the spirit.  A lot of chocolate is like marriage - it seems so good at first but before you know it you've got chunky hips and a waddle-walk.  I have a long love affair with candy.   When I was a very young girl I remember day dreaming that I was a princess and that all the candy I ever wanted was available to me.  I love the sweet taste of candy as much as I love their beautiful colors.   A few years ago we went to Disney World where I fell in love with the beautiful candy shops. I truly was a kid in the candy store.  It was magical. 
 
 
 
If it was up to me, I would make candy calorie free and guilt free.  It would be divided into four basic food groups:  milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.  Each one would be like a best friend that would be there in a time of need.  Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Coincidence?  I think not!    Like all things, everything in moderation is best, especially candy.  Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.   There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate.  I send you sweet wishes for a happy candy month.
 
Tuesday Blog Hops 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh Yoli, this pics are amazing. I have a sweet tooth myself. My favorite candy bar is Almond Joy, but I'll eat anything chocolately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you at the Tuesday Blog Hop (ha or at least one of them!), and glad I did am a happy new follower :).

    www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just wrong...I am a total candy addict. I have been for as long as I can remember. Your pictures are beautiful you chose for this post and only make me want CANDY!! I love the little tablescape one, so adorable. That would be something really nice to do for 4th of July party like in the Lanai, as long as wasn't too hot, which is a given here in Florida, so maybe it should be moved to the dinning room, just so pretty. Have a wonderful week, and as always, I love your posts.

    Joni
    Desert Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stopping by and following from the Six in the Nest blog hop...and I did not know June was candy month...lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post yum!

    I am following you via Totally Tuesday blog Hop.
    I am already following you GFC.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just something about a candy shop that brings the kid out in everyone. When my daughter got married, we had a candy buffet at the reception - it was a hit with everyone - regardless of their age.

    Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Train!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from Follow back Tuesday-nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete