Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Friday

 
 
Are you a romantic at heart?  I try to be but rushing through life as a single mom doesn't leave much time to slow down and see the beautiful pictures of romance that God has put for us to see.  He filled our world with loving people, gorgeous gardens, and radiant skies.  Romance is in the written word or the soft touch of a loved one.  It is in a sweet smile from a stranger and a pause in admiration of a cute pet.  Romance for is in seeing a sunrise or sunset at the beach.  I wish I could wake up to this breath-taking sunrise. I lived near the coast all of life and I saw many beautiful sunrises. I felt God's love every time as I would stand there in total amazement at the majestic beauty he created. At that moment I felt the most aware of my existence and correlation with God's plan.
 
 
Another of God's expression of love are the flowers. Each is created by the blessed hand of God, in his own special way. My new favorite flower is pink peonies but my true love is still for gerber daisies. They are so elegant and charming. I truly believe that a house becomes a home with love, family, and flowers. I also think that a woman should pamper herself by buy flowers for herself. 
 
 
My personal truth about romance is that I'm scare of finding love again. I've been single for so many years and I've become accustom to being alone. It has been just God and I walking the intimate road of love and support.  I do have the love and support of my family, and I do enjoy the time I spend with them.  But, I know there is more in store for me in the "love" department.  I just don't know if I would remember how to go on a date or allow a man to take the lead, like opening the door or ordering at a restaurant. I've been "mom & dad" for so long that I haven't dropped my guard.  I pray for God's will to be done in his time, his way, and for his glory. Little secret... I do miss intimate dinners for two.
 

Friday Blog Hops
 
Blog Hop Friday at Chubby Cheek     -      Social Parade Follow at Smart and Trendy Moms

Friday Blog Hop at Home Grown     -     Follow Friday 40 and Over at Never Growing Old
Friday Blog Hop at Momma to 3 Blessings     -     Following Friday at Lets Just Give it Away
Boost My Blog Friday at Design it Chic     -     Friendly Friday at Thanks Mail Carrier
Frugal Friday at The Frugal Free Gal     -     It's a Hodgepodge Friday

9 comments:

  1. i was scared about finding love again after my first and only heartbreak...i was single for years then i found the one and i was terrified but im glad i stepped out of my comfort zone and agreed to a date...best decision ever :) new follower from boost my blog friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you by the Follow Friday. New follower!
    http://gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I just love your aprons!
    Come and join my hop if you get the chance.
    http://www.thechattymommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you via Friendly Friday...glad you posted on there...you have a great blog!!!! Look forward to reading it! Happy Weekend!

    http://healthylantern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! I'm visiting from Following Friday! So glad to have found you. I'm your newest follower!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from a hop, and in the same boat. The longer I go without something "real" the more comfy I get in that role. :/
    ~K
    bigklittlea.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful sunset photo!

    Now following from the Social Parade.

    Callista's Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your new GFC and Twitter follower from friendly Friday :-)
    You are welcome at ttp://luckyangelandgiveaways.blogspot.com/
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following from Friday blog. Stop by when you have a chance and do same.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete