Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday Fish Fiesta

 


Even before Lent started I started on a "fish" frenzy.  I'm ordering it at restaurants and having it several times a week.   We have also been making fresh fish at home; seasoned and grilled with olive oil.  Its a Fish Fiesta at the Kalkofen house.  I feel like inviting family and friends over for a feast of assorted fish entrees.  Talapia fish tacos are easy to make and quick to prepare. My kids love grilled talapia because they can make it on the stove in about 5 minutes and pair it up with a salad.  You don't want to over-cook seafood because it becomes rubbery and hard to chew.  And when you're cooking fish, do not over turn it.  Let is cook on one side and turn only once if possible.  It will make a big difference on texture.  I like my fish tacos topped with guacamole and grilled pineapples. My kids add shredded cheese to just about everything, including fish tacos.   Don't forget to have some chips & salsa and cold drinks.

Talapia Fish Tacos

Ingredients:   6 (6-oz.) talapia fillets, 4 lemons, 1 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 6 flour or corn tortillas, 1 can of pineapple rings, 1 cup of chopped cilantro.  Toppings: Guacamole, salsa, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, lime, cilantro.

Preparation:  Rinse fish and pat dry.  Place fish in a shallow dish and squeeze lime over fillets.   Season fish with salt and red pepper flakes.   Lightly grease a large non-stick pan, and heat at medium temperature.   Grill for 4 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork, turning once.  Place pineapple rings in the pan and grill until softened.   Cut fillet and pineapples into chunks.  Warm the tortillas on the grill and fill with fish fillets.
Top fish tacos with garnishments as desired  Grab a cold drink and enjoy!



Friday Blog Hops
 


Linky Loves Friday at Sweet Charlie
log Hop Friday at Chubby Cheek
Social Parade Follow at Smart and Trendy Moms
Friday Blog Hop at Home Grown
Follow Friday 40 and Over at Never Growing Old
Friday Blog Hop at Momma to 3 Blessings
Following Friday at Lets Just Give it Away
Boost My Blog Friday at Design it Chic
Friendly Friday at Thanks Mail Carrier
Fun Follow by My Wee View and Simply Stacie
Frugal Friday at The Frugal Free Gal
Friday Blog Hop at Born 2 Impress
You Like Me at A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Five Question Friday at My Little Life
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi-found you on a blog hop and now I'm your newest follower-stop over to visit and follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat fish (yes I know how good it is for me) but those pic's are amazing!! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Social Parade. I'd love for you to follow back at www.homeschoolingbytheyard.blogspot.com and/or www.kylakreates.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! LOL!
    Happy Social Parade friday!
    your newest folower,
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Delicioso! Hopefully we can share some great recipes. I'm you're newest follower http://apronsenorita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I am sooo making those tacos tonight!

    Hi, I'm a new follower. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

    Morela
    http://myview-finder.blogspot.com
    http://addsomechaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a new follower to your blog. You've got some great posts - I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yoli, I came across your blog accidentally but immediately fell in love with it. Thanks for visiting mine - it was a real treat! No pressure but you're my new blog mentor. Haha - your page is so rich with Latina splendor I wish it was a cafe I could hang out in while nibbling on some pan dulce. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete