Saturday, October 17, 2009

Couture Caramel Apples



My daughter and I are watching America's Next Top Model this morning. So I thought about high fashion caramel apples. My 2 kids are teenagers and they think the cutesy treats are too kiddie for them. So I searched the web and found this picture in Country Living. The caramel apples look so classy! , I am using a basic caramel apple recipe, so the couture fashion will have to be in the presentation.

Ingredients
1 lb. caramels
3 tbsp. milk
6 med. apples
6 wooden round skewers
Toppings: candy, nuts, drizzle chocolate, etc.
Ribbon for the sticks and bows

Wash apples and dry well. Insert stick. Unwrap caramels and place in double boiler or microwave safe dish. Add milk and melt, stirring until smooth. Dip apples into melted caramel, coating evenly, and roll in nuts if desired. Place on greased waxed paper to cool, then store in refrigerator. Go couture with beautiful chopped nuts, small candy sprinkles, and dark or white chocolate. When cooled, decorate the stick by wrapping a ribbon and tie a bow.
Check Spelling
It is going to be so much fun!
Yoli :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW ! Couture they most certainly are.... I can feel a trip to the dentist coming on already though..

    ReplyDelete