Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lara Spencer - "I Brake for Yard Sales..."


I love Good Morning America and think that Lara Spencer is like the cool friend everyone has.  Her energetic and charasmatic personality makes her a joy to watch.  She comes across happy, caring, and so fun!  I'm exccited to see her new book, "I BRAKE FOR YARD SALES: And Flea Markets, Thrift Shops, Auctions, and the Occasional Dumpster."   Saturday mornings I can be found at flea-markets around the Texas Hill Country. 
 
Book Link
 
Saturday mornings I can be found at flea-markets and thrift stores around the Texas Hill Country.  It's something I learned from my Aunt Connie.  She had a passion for bargain shopping and she had an eye for design. Her motto was, "You never know what you're going to find".  Her home was eclectic and unique.  Her wardobe was fashion forward and classy on a budget.  I was so blessed to have relocated to a city near where she lived, so we spent a lot of weekends time together before she passed away.  Her spirit lives on and I still managed to get up early on weekends to go treasure hunting.  I don't have her gorgeous vision for design.  She had a way of seeing things beyond the surface.  Below are some pictures of her that I took during one of our last outing last year.  We were at the Wimberley Lion's Market Days, where Wimberley, Tx. hosts the oldest outdoor market in the Texas Hill Country and the second-largest in the state.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I picked her up early that morning and we were one of the first people at the market. We took our time walking through the paved rows of over 400 vendors.  There were so many things we wanted to buy but we paced ourselves and ended up with just a few special items. I'm blessed with so many good memories that I will treasure forever!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment