Thursday, October 22, 2009

Texas Talapia Tacos



Invite some friends over for a Fish Fiesta!! Talapia fish tacos are easy to make and quick to prepare. My kids love grilled talapia. I like my tacos topped with guacamole and grilled pineapples. My kids add shredded cheese to just about everything. Don't forget to have some chips & salsa and cold drinks. It's party time.

Ingredients
6 (6-oz.) talapia fillets
4 limes
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 flour or corn tortillas
1 can of pineapple rings
1 cup of chopped cilantro
Toppings: Guacamole, salsa, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, lime, cilantro

Preparation
1. Rinse fish and pat dry
2. Place fish in a shallow dish and squeeze lime over fillets
3. Season fish with salt and red pepper flakes
4. Lightly grease a large non-stick pan, and heat at medium temperature
5. Grill for 4 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork, turning once.
6. Place pineapple rings in the pan and grill until softened
7. Cut fillet and pineapples into chunks
8. Place on warmed tortillas
9. Top fish tacos with garnishments as desired

Enjoy!
Yoli

4 comments:

  1. I am not so fond of fish but I must break out of my rut and try something new. I think I would like this dish. Now to add Talapia to my grocery list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - they look good! And I even have tilapia in the freezer... Do you every make catfish enchiladas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tilapia fish tacos! That guacamole looks delicious!What a great fiesta.

    ReplyDelete