Monday, March 16, 2009

MARCH 2009

March brought more sewing innovations. I turned the dinning room into a sewing room. My son Vinny calls it a "sweat-shop". I fully extended the dinning table. I purchased a couple of beautiful wrought iron mannequins. I am on way to great creations!!

I found gorgeous pillowcases at a local discount store. As soon as I saw them I knew they would make the perfect eclectic apron, which I named "Freedom of Speech". My fabulous friend Kay helped me sew men's aprons this month. We found the perfect sports-theme fabrics and made pockets out of them and put them on full-size black aprons.

During March I also bough an awesome book, A is for Apron. It was totally fun reading. I got a lot of ideas that I'm sure to use.
Also during March my daughter Gina got the creative-bug. She is making decorative felt "stuffies". We bought so many colors of felt, buttons, threads, and much more. She has donated several felt sheets to me for my apron designs.
Jessica signed up JOY Marie's Boutique to participate in our local Onion Fest next month. That means I need to get busy!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this book, too! Great ideas and beautiful aprons.

    ReplyDelete