Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday - Living in Joy

Happy Thankful Thursday and hope you're having a sweet day so far. I start by thanking God for a life filled with JOY. Regardless of the work and challenges, overall my life is joyful. I find happiness in my relationship with God and family & friends. I'm so thankful because my teen kids volunteered to assist at Bible Camp this week. They are in charge of elementary children and they have been having so much fun. I'm glad that they are learning to serve others.
.
I am also thankful for my Aunt Connie who has given me a renewed love for shabby chic decor. There are so many shops, boutiques, flea markets, and antique stores; and we are slowly making our way through them all.
.
Tablescape Thursday has to be one of the blog parties I enjoy the most. I remember as a young girl I would set the table and try to bring joy to our home. Family time is so important for me and my kids, and enjoying special meals gives us time to enjoy each other.
.
I am strutting my stuff at Somewhat Simple. Sometime back I was having an apron give away. I was so happy to hear that the winners really liked the Freedom of Speech aprons I made. It was joyful to give from the heart and brighten some one's day. Below is a picture of one of the winners wearing the apron.

This weekend I am getting my craft on at Life as Lori. I have several new sewing ideas I want to try out but first I need to finish some pillows. I need to look for pom-pom embelishments at the fabric stores because my inventory is running low. I really like the bright bold colors for summer.


More blog events and parties going on. Click here and have enjoy!
Yoli :)

5 comments:

  1. I love all these vignettes!!! Great pics! Vibrant, happy colors!

    And what a blessing reading of your joy is!

    And how wonderful that your teens are volunteering to spread His joy.

    They must get that heart FROM THEIR MOTHER!!!!

    I can tell already what a huge heart you have!

    Thanks for sharing that with us!!!

    MANY blessings to you,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoli,
    Your JOY, faith, personal warmth, and positive energy come through clearly in your words and in the beauty you've captured through your lens. I'm thankful that I stopped by today and experienced your creativity and infectuous good cheer!

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expressing your thanks to God is a wonderful testimony. I am thankful for every breath I take, each moment spent with loved ones and the opportunity to bring someone else joy.

    Thanks for spreading joy and sharing your cute chintz tablescape.

    God Bless,

    Requi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to read your blog. I enjoy everything you write and share with us. So happy you are finding joy in life... your kids, Aunt Connie, other friends and family. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for some pom poms myself -- love those rolls of them.

    ReplyDelete