3 large ears corn, husks and silks removed
4 low-fat whole wheet flour tortillas
1 cup reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cups mild or medium-hot salsa
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for covered direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. Place corn on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook corn 10 to 15 minutes or until brown in spots, turning frequently. Transfer corn to plate; cool until easy to handle. When cool, with sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs.
3. Place tortillas on work surface. Evenly divide Monterey Jack, salsa, green onions, and corn on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling to make 4 quesadillas.
4. Place quesadillas on hot grill rack. Cook quesadillas 1 to 2 minutes or until they are browned on both sides, turning over once. Transfer quesadillas to cutting board; cut each into 3 pieces.
5. In large bowl, toss romaine with oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt.
6. Serve quesadillas with romaine salad.