Friday, July 1, 2011

Healthy Happy Heart


As I made my oatmeal for breakfast this morning, I started to think how easy it really is to make the right food choices.  I haven't been good about it in the past but as I get older I know it is very important to take care of my health.  I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago for a health screening.  All the lab tests came out at good levels, except my weight.  I got a much needed lecture and awesome support from my doctor.  It has been 2 weeks and I feel proud of myself.  I'm motivated to keep going on the right direction.  I'm not counting pounds or calories because for me it will get me off track.  My need to change is for a better life, not for vanity.  I'm taking it one day at a time, planning meals ahead, and making allocations for exercise.  I have to admit that I missed my diet Cokes at first but not now.  I don't miss the burgers and fries, and my favorite Rocky Road ice cream.  I found some good information at the American Heart Association - Go Red for Women website.  Click on the pictures below for more helpful tips, recipes, activity, and medical information.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yoli-

    This is great advice and good motivation for us all.

    I emailed you recently, but you may not have received it.

    I had a question-

    Thanks,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete